Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Cook along with Leslie Korn recipe’s and start your growing indoor journey with Natufia.
With that being said, Doctor Leslie Korn suggested a few recipes, that we need to eat to improve our energy levels, and well-being, and enhance our productivity and focus.
This dish is a perfect combination for satisfying the need for energy, focus, and your sweet tooth. It’s a sensory delight of states and textures and is easy to make.
Apricots are the centerpiece of this dish. Rich in vitamin A and loaded with polyphenols and fiber, they also help regulate digestion. Ensure you use organic dried apricots (not those treated with sulfur dioxide that creates a bright orange color). If you prefer not to use alcohol, you may omit the red wine and add 1/8 cup of balsamic vinegar instead.
Pistachios are high in mood-boosting Vitamin B-6 and enhance the protein profile. I love the combination of sweetness and the heat provided by topping with chili flakes.
1 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
6 organic chicken thighs
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cups of broccoli (bite-size)
1 cup of roasted, salted
Red chili flakes (optional )
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine apricots in a bowl with vinegar, wine, and 1/4 cup
2. Let soak while you brown the chicken.
3. Add the oil to a 12-inch skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. And
add chicken pieces, skin side down.
4. Cook, rotate but don’t turn pieces, so they brown evenly. When they are nicely
browned, turn them, so they are skin-side up.
5. Make a little space to add the onion, and cook, occasionally stirring
until it has softened a bit, a minute or two.
6. Add the broccoli and apricot mixture, bring to a boil; cook
for a minute, and turn heat to low and cover.
7. Cook until chicken and broccoli are done, about 15 minutes. Uncover,
raise the heat for a few minutes to boil away any excess
8. Plate and top with pistachio nuts (if omitting the
nuts, sprinkle some sea salt instead).
9. Serve with brown rice or on a bed of lettuce leaves that will wilt nicely
under the dish’s heat.
10. Sprinkle some red chili flakes and black pepper.