Growing indoors is a great way to enjoy fresh produce year-round! It doesn’t require a backyard or balcony and will keep you growing through cold or severe weather. Follow along with us for benefits and reasons to start growing hydroponically with your Natufia Gardens!
In our recent interview with our botanist, Aigerim, we discussed the importance of growing indoors. Here’s what we came up with!
Imagine a future where you could provide constant access to nutritious and trusted greens and vegetables right at your fingertips, without negatively impacting the environment. Instead of bringing products from farms, you are taking control of your food right at your home.
Considering starting your own home garden?
Indoor gardening has seen a rapid rise in popularity since the pandemic began as it turned homeowners everywhere to add breathing new life into their homes by growing their own produce rather than buying them. The lockdown asserted the importance of cultivating a home base that feels pleasant and relaxing as more people are working from home now than ever, growing indoors is here to stay.
You can’t get much closer to your kitchen table than your own home, after all. Growing your own vegetables helps you live a healthy lifestyle and it’s also cost-effective.
“Foods grown hydroponically taste superior, and have higher nutrients inside them, making them healthier than the alternative. This environmentally friendly method of food production is necessary to support our world’s growing population, and will be the preferred farming method of the future” said Aigerim, a botanist at Natufia.
A hydroponic garden means growing year-round food indoors – you cannot get any more local than this! By starting with strong seedlings and making sure they grow in a nutrient-rich, pH-balanced environment with consistent hydration, you can extend the growing season through the hottest parts of summer and well into the winter.
Why growing your own food today is more exciting?
Growing your own food helps you eat more fresh fruits and vegetables as well as gives you the control of when to harvest your food. Vegetables and herbs grown hydroponically have more nutrients, due to immediate harvesting than store-bought ones that can be picked early.
At Natufia we make it easy to grow nutritiously alive produce at home, enabling you to change the planet – and your life with more nutritional produce, and fewer resources! Growing hydroponically has reduced the number of pesticides, water, and carbon emissions needed to grow.
Natufia was born out of a desire to reconnect you with the foods you eat. Our mission is to advance the transition to a sustainable food system because we believe everyone can grow. We give you access to the freshest herbs, salads, fruits, vegetables, and flowers at home, any time of year, to enjoy your edible plants at their optimum taste and nutritional value. From your first harvest, you’ll see just how much goodness and flavor you can get, from every fresh veggie to the nourishing herbs.
What are the benefits of indoor gardening?
There are plenty of benefits to growing hydroponically over traditional gardening.
- You will have the ability to grow more plants in a smaller space, and no chemicals to worry about.
- Many plants grow faster when raised hydroponically which means you could double your harvest from the time it takes to grow in a traditional garden.
- Elements that can enhance plant growth — such as the pH level of the water, nutrient content of the water, and light can be better controlled.
Plants grow well in a hydroponic system because everything the plants need from water, nutrients, and light is given to them in the perfect conditions.
- Your seed pods contain no GMOs, pesticides, or herbicides – only the cleanest, freshest seeds protected with water-soluble and the capsule is made of biodegradable Rockwool.
- Growing food in your kitchen provides nutrient-dense produce.
- Growing is 100% stress-free in your Natufia indoor gardens
- Enjoy a kitchen-to-table experience from the comfort of your home
- Grow indoors any time of the year.
- Connecting to nature right from your home.
- You control what goes in and on your food.
- Start living a sustainable lifestyle.
- A design that showcases the plants, seamlessly integrating into your space.
- Decreases the time between harvest and consumption and increases the nutritional value of the end product.
- More cost-effective.
- The food is available right there and you know who has touched it
- It’s better for the environment since it uses 90% less water than traditional field crop watering methods.
- A rewarding family activity.
For all Natufia owners, we like to give this advice!
- Be adventurous!
- Get excited! Try all the seed pods and see which ones you fall in love with.
- Don’t give up if something doesn’t sprout immediately. Just give it a chance to grow.
- Select new seed pods that complement your favorite meals.
- When harvesting, pick off the larger outer leaves first.
- Create a harvesting cycle. Start growing new seeds after you’ve harvested. This way you’ll always have something growing.
- Show others what you’re growing and get ideas from them too.
- Share your growing experience with friends/ family and inspire them to become Natufians as well.
- Remember that we’re always available and happy to chat about plants!
Have a question about growing with Natufia?
We have collected all you need to know about each seedling that we offer right here!
You can learn everything, from where to start and when it will be ready to harvest, by visiting our how to grow or our FAQs.
So, what are you waiting for? Choose the perfect Natufia garden for you and begin your indoor gardening adventure today!
Stay tuned for a list of herbs/greens to grow!